We understand the effects that an affair by a spouse can have on a marriage, but we also know that simply wondering whether your partner is cheating can be just as destructive. This is where a private investigator can help.
There are a number of techniques that may be employed in a cheating partner investigation. One option available is the use of a decoy (commonly known as a honey trap), that is, someone posing as a potential cheating partner to contact or meet with a suspected cheating partner.
What is a Cheating Decoy Investigation?
A cheating decoy or honey trap investigation is one in which an investigator is employed to make contact with a partner suspected of cheating, and present them with the opportunity to exhibit unfaithful behavior.
Who are Cheating Decoy Investigations For?
Most decoy investigations are carried out for clients who suspect that their partners are involved in or actively pursuing physical relationships outside of their marriages whenever an opportunity presents itself. In some cases, a suspicious partner may only be interested in determining whether or not their partner is visiting adult chat rooms or conducting virtual sexual relationships with others.
Should You start a Cheating Decoy Investigation?
Most private investigators will not suggest a cheating decoy investigation for the following reasons:
- Ineffective: Picture this. You hire a cheating decoy, but your partner doesn’t show interest and you are left not knowing if they are being unfaithful or not. Just because your partner rejected the cheating decoy’s advances, doesn’t mean they are faithful. People are motivated to cheat for many reasons, and a cheating decoy might just not appeal to them.
- Inadmissible in Court: Depending on the state, any evidence gathered through the use of a cheating decoy might not be admissible in court. If one is considering to start a divorce based on the results of a cheating investigation, then one should think twice before using a cheating decoy.
- Unethical: Using a cheating decoy can be considered entrapment and is considered unethical by many professional and licensed private investigators.
Instead of using a cheating decoy, private investigators will use other techniques of surveillance and research to prove a cheating spouse.
How to start a Cheating Spouse Investigation?
Starting a cheating spouse investigation through Trustify is simple and stress free. Here’s how it works:
- Request a Consultation: Submit your case online or by phone to schedule your consultation. We'll ask for the details we need to get your case matched with an investigator and provide cost estimates.
- Consult with a Private Investigator: A licensed private investigator will contact you to talk to you about the purpose and goals of the investigation, and to collect any relevant information about your case, including:
- What is your relationship to the subject of the investigation?
- What is the nature of the relationship you suspect the subject to be involved in? Do you suspect a long-term physical affair with one person or one-off affairs?
- Investigation in Progress: Following the initial meeting, your agent will create an investigative plan based on your answers to the interview questions, and designed to meet your stated goals.
- Case Updates & Final Report: Your investigator will keep you informed of all developments in real-time. Evidence from the investigation may take the form of photographs, audio and/or video recordings, as well as written statements and/or in-court testimony by the decoy operative. Upon the conclusion of the investigation, a full report will be provided along with any court-admissible evidence. In addition, your private investigator may be available to testify on your behalf in a court of law, if necessary and agreed-upon before the start of the investigation.
What Investigators Will Not Do
Investigators will work within the limitations of the law, and within the accepted ethics of the profession. Investigators will always work discreetly and protect client identity.