Below are the guidelines and expectations that we expect investigators who accept surveillance cases from us to follow.
Following these guidelines will not only result in a happy client (which is priority #1) but is also required to ensure your payment and that we can send you additional cases in the future.
If you have any questions or concerns, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or give our investigator support line a call @ 877-302-3879.
- You will receive SMS and email notifications when a case becomes available in your area.
- For notifications from the Trustify WebApp, you must log-in to the Trustify WebApp to view the details of the case and accept. Please do not respond directly to these notification texts or emails. All cases are assigned on a first-come, first-served basis. If you log-in and see that a case is greyed out and listed as "Unavailable" this just means that another investigator has already accepted the case.
- You are under no obligation to accept or work a case, as a licensed/experience investigator it is your responsibility to do your own due diligence on the client, and if for any reason you do not feel comfortable working a case you can click the "Reject" button in the WebApp to kick the case back to us. For cases you are rejecting please provide a short message about why you are declining the case. This is to enable us to better understand your capabilities and preferences so that we can better match you up with cases in the future.
Immediately After Accepting Case
- Contact the client to introduce yourself. We require that you contact the client within 24 hrs of accepting a case. This can be done directly in the WebApp via the Chatbox, or via the calling feature. If a start date is not set within that time, the case will be re-opened for another investigator in our network to accept. If you are having trouble getting in touch with the client please let the Account Management Team know, you can do so via the "Get Help" section of the WebApp.
- Do not click "confirm" until after your initial consultation with the client as you will need to confirm the hours you will need to complete the investigation, the desired turnaround time, and the start date/time.
- Collect any additional details needed to successfully complete the case and explain your method for obtaining the desired results.
- Set an exact day and time for starting the first hour of their case.
- Confirm with the client how frequently they would like you to update them on the case.
- Request the client's authorization for the hours needed to successfully complete their case, for any foreseeable database fees, and for any other expected expenses associated with the investigation.
Note: This initial conversation is not billable to the client and is not included as part of their first hour of investigation work provided by you. Any and all communication with the client thereafter is billable time.
Starting & Working A Case:
- Hours worked on a case in the Trustify WebApp will be clocked directly through the timer in the WebApp. When you are ready to begin working the investigation at the agreed upon start day/time you will click "Start Work" to start the timer. You can pause the timer at any time during the investigation and re-start the timer when you are ready to continue working the case. Please be sure that you do not hit "complete work" unless you are fully finished with the investigation.
- It is extremely important that you keep the client updated on the progress of their case in a timely manner. If you are having a hard time getting in touch with the client please be sure to let an Account Manager know so that they can provide assistance. You can reach the Account Management Team through the "Get Help" section of the WebApp.
- If a client indicates that they might be interested in using a GPS tracker, please reach out to us via the "Get Help" section and let us know if you have this capability. Although this is a viable option, we want to make sure that it is both necessary and legal within the state(s) that the GPS will be used and monitored. After that, we will contact the client directly about billing.
- Please keep in mind that Trustify does not reimburse for mileage. However, if you're one hour or more away from the surveillance starting location, Trustify will cover your total travel time at the rate of $30/hour. Please just be sure to let an Account Manager know! You can do so through the "Get Help" section of the WebApp.
- If you have used up all of the time or expenses that the client initially authorized and require additional time to continue the investigation, please update the client on the progress of the case and the work that you have done. Please explain why more time is needed and request an authorization for hours and expenses from the client via the WebApp. You can request these expenses by clicking the three vertical dots in the upper right-hand corner of the screen in the WebApp.
If you have an emergency and need to contact the Trustify Investigator Support Team immediately, please click "Get Help" in the menu on the left-hand side of the screen and either call the number provided or send us a detailed message with the issue you are experiencing.
Completing A Case:
- Contact the client upon completion of the case, letting them know that the investigation is complete and that you will upload the final report as soon as possible.
- Once you have completed the investigation you will click "complete work" in the WebApp and be taken to the next stage of the case which is where you will upload the final report for the client to access. You will only fill out this stage when you are fully finished with the investigation. Use the chatbox feature for updates throughout the investigation.
- Please be sure to request all additional expenses via the WebApp prior to hitting "complete work". You will only be reimbursed for the expenses that you get approved by the client. You can request these expenses by clicking the three vertical dots in the upper right-hand corner of the screen in the WebApp. This is also where you can view the activity log for the case, print your chat history, view the case details, and request more hours.
- In the final report that you upload, please be sure to provide evidence to the client. Include any photographs, video, and all relevant information collected during investigation work that will aid in providing satisfactory results to the client.
- Once you upload the final report the case will close out and the client will be prompted to download their final report.
Investigators are paid out for hours worked once a month on the 15th of each month. We will send multiple email reminders prior to the cutoff letting you know the exact day and time these hours need to be submitted/clocked by. If the payment date occurs on the weekend we pay on the following Monday. We offer payments as either a direct deposit or a check. Direct deposit takes 2-3 business days to process from the payment date and checks take 2-3 business days to process plus mailing time. After starting your first case you will get an invite to set up direct deposit. If you prefer to be paid by check please email your mailing address to email@example.com. Make sure you provide us with payment information before the payment date or your payment will be delayed.
If you have any questions at all, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 877-302-3879